Thursday, July 29, 2010

There's no place like home

Well, after 9 weeks of being in Romania, we are finally HOME. And there is no place like it. No matter how much fun you have on your vacation, no matter how much you love the people you visit, I always feel soo grateful to be home. And this time is no exception. I have a whole new appreciation for the most basic things...

Yesterday I went grocery shopping for the first time and made Julia Child's Bouef Bourgoignon for dinner.
I drove my car for the first time in 2 months.
I had my groceries bagged for me and didn't have to pay for the bags. Nor did I have to carry it all home.
I am loving the air conditioner.
I love our home, especially our kitchen.
The girls love their new princess rooms. ( pictures to follow)
I love the fact that we can all have dinner as a family again.

Eric met us at the airport and so did Michael ( my nephew) and Jaime ( my niece). It took us an hour to get from the plane, and through customs and all the way to our family. Luckily I had some help with the luggage otherwise it might've taken me a lot more.

Our friends, also met us at Joe's that night. I am so blessed. Can't wait to get over the jet lag and actually start doing things with our friends, our family, and get back to our normal routine.

Tonight, I am supposed to have a MNO...will I make it or will I fall asleep before 8 PM again??

Time will tell...

1 comment:

  1. Iulia, I.AM.SO.GLAD.YOU.ARE.HOME!! Now, we just need to plan a date! :) MNO??

    ReplyDelete