In just a few short days, you will turn three years old. It's so hard to believe that a mere 3 years ago, I first laid eyes on you. As I think back to your beginnings, my mind immediately goes to the moment I found out I was expecting you. In that instant, my instincts kicked in and I felt an overwhelming need to protect my tiny yet perfect baby. As you grew in my tummy and I could feel your little kicks and hiccups, the excitement for what was to come intensified. When we found out we were expecting yet another girl, our mother-daughter bond began taking shape. You were deeply loved from the very beginning. I remember being so excited to know that Maile was gonna have a lil sister, one that was always going to be so close to her, in age and every other way.
The day you were born, it was warm and sunny. We had made so many preparations waiting on your arrival. Your grandma and grandma were in town and so was your "buny" who had come all the way from Romania just to be here so she could welcome you into this world. We had all been waiting so anxiously for this moment. We had to induce you the morning of August 8th around 9 AM and you were born just a mere few hours later @1.31 PM weighing 7 lbs. 10 oz, and measuring 21 in. long.
My precious girl, I did not dream of the joy you would bring. It's so hard to remember life before Audrey. Your sister Maile and you quickly became our world.
Your first steps seem like they were yesterday. I remember vividly playing with you on our living room floor in the Gilbert rental house. One...two...three!! You were quickly toddling all over the house. This was just a couple of weeks after your first birthday. You were so determined just like everything else you do.
Somewhere during these 3 years, I blinked. Somehow, my tiny baby soared through infanthood, surpassed toddlerhood, and became a little girl. This past year, you have really grown into your own personality. I love your independent spirit, your unwavering determination, and your hilariousness.It makes me sad that you are no longer an itty bitty, but are about to step into a whole new world of childhood. I'm excited too though, because as great as these three years have been, I know the best is yet to come.
As you continue to grow, I want you to remember that you are so very special. God loves you and has a special plan meant just for you. It is my prayer that you will trust in Him to show you the way and guide you daily. You have such a vivacious personality, and you can do anything you set your mind to.
When you blow out your birthday candles this Sunday, I will be holding back tears just a little. But I'll also be cheering you on with all my might. Watch out, World, Audrey is three!
Love,
Mommy





No comments:
Post a Comment