I will always remember the day I found out I was pregnant with you. I was so shocked, scared and excited all at the same time. We had been trying for 2 years.
I remember getting my first ultrasound and finding out you were going to be a beautiful little girl.
I remember carrying you for the longest 9 months ever, I wanted you out so badly, I was soo anxious to finally meet you.
I remember the morning you were born and the first moment I got to hold you in my arms. You were so beautiful. You looked like a little doll.
I remember when your daddy held you in his arms for the first time and he couldn't get his eyes off of you.
I remember the moments when you would look at me, those big blue eyes shining so innocently, so sweet, so full of love and so unsure of the world around you.
I remember your earliest tears, how I just wanted to keep you as close to me as I could and rock those tears away.
I remember those first steps how you smiled so proud of such an accomplishment and then for the first time let go of everything and stepping for the first time into my arms. So proud and sweet and innocent. I turned you around and you walked towards daddy as he looks as proud of you as you were of yourself.
Those big blue eyes - I remember thinking you were such a beautiful girl.
Soon you started preschool, making new friends and becoming more and more independent. "I am doing it mommy, I am doing it" - you'd always tell us.
You have already grown so much, wanting to do things on your own terms, always taking the long way because you wouldn't do it my way.
My dear Maile, you amaze me! You teach me. You have taught me more about what unconditional love is than anything else. It's given me a first glimmer of how God must feel towards us. I am a better person because of you, so thank you!!!
You are now almost 4 years old but you will forever be "our baby". Please don't grow up too fast.
I love you, princess.
Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment