Didn't realize just how hard it was gonna be to be away from him for soo many weeks. I thought my parents were gonna be able to give me the extra love and support I needed but it turns out, as much as they DO want to help...it's all so different. I am still the parent, the only one that needs to discipline...that is not easy. I have so much respect for all the single mommies out there, for the military wives who do this for months and months at a time. Wow...I have no idea how you guys do it. Perhaps it just takes a stronger person?? More independent? I dunno...what I do know is that I can't wait till the day that we get to be a family again, have fun together, laugh and cry and share the joys and the blessings that this life has to offer.
We have officially been gone from home for about 5 weeks. It was definitely harder at first but now the girls seem to be a bit more adjusted, they love their new friends and ask to go out and play with them every day, even though they really can't communicate with them much.
The weather was quite warm for the first 2-3 weeks of our trip and very humid. It wasn't easy dealing with that and NO AC but we made it. The last 2 weeks, it rained almost every day and the temperatures dropped significantly, to the point that we were wearing 2 layers of clothing in the middle of June and were still chilly.
Of course, the rain also makes it hard to take your kids out to run wild and escape the very small apartment we have been sharing with my family. Can't tell you what kinda boredom that brings and temper tantrums...
We have had our shares of ups and downs...Maile had her first ear infection since we had her tubes in. That lasted about 2 weeks...then Audrey ended up getting the sniffles and even coughed for a while but she is much better now also.
I have been running into old friends almost every day and it's been nice to get a chance to reconnect with some of them.
The girls had a chance to spend some time with their great grandmothers and meet 5 of their 6 great-aunts and 2 of their second cousins. I don't know too many people that can say that. I think that is SOO COOL. And what I think is even better is the fact that I honestly believe they're both gonna remember this trip, Maile probably a little more than her sister but still...WAY COOL.
This weekend we are taking another trip to the country side for more fun with the girls great grandmothers and next week we are planning on taking the girls to the beach...praying for great weather and no more rain. After that, we'll have another week here in town with my parents and before you know it, it will be the 26th!!!!
WHOO HOO!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment