For me personally, it meant almost nothing until 8years ago. Still remember that day so vividly...found myself all alone in an empty little room somewhere downtown Bucharest with nothing to do.
If you'd ever told me that I was gonna meet the love of my life that day, my soulmate, the man that was gonna become my husband, the father of my children, I probably would've laughed in your face. After all, I wasn't looking for anything...
And yet, in this little chat room, popped the most amazing guy I could've ever met. We started talking and I could immediately tell he was unlike anybody I'd ever met. He was interesting, funny, witty, and soo sweet. I started talking to him mainly because he spoke English, and I was studying English as my profile in college....and after all, what better way to "practice" right??
It turns out, he found me pretty cute and interesting too because we ended up talking that day for 4-5 hours. Sorry Roger for making your brother late to your 4th of July party.
The day after, I remember leaving Bucharest to go to the seaside with my sister for about a week ( much like I am about to a week from now which reminds me...that was actually the last time I went to the beach here in Romania).
We e-mailed each other during my trip ( I went to an internet cafe since I didn't have a computer), and pretty much every day after I returned, we kept having "web dates" and chatting for hours and hours on end.
Now, I am not saying that online dating is for everyone, bu at that point in time it was the best thing for both of us. I can honestly say we rescued each other in so many ways.
Not even 4 months later, Eric was making his first trip to Romania to meet me. I still have bnutterflies in my stomach just thinking about it, remembering how he actually missed his "first flight" because he wasn't at the airport 2 hours prior to his departure.
I remember seeing him back online and wondering what had happened.
I also remember my "friend's " voices in my head telling me that he was playing games with me and that he really hadn't ever planned on coming over in the first place.
We spent 2 weeks together on that first trip and they were amazing. My sister was only 11 at the time....so little.
He came back to see me right after Thanksgiving and again after Christmas and on that trip, on New Year's Eve in a beautiful hotel room overlooking the Parliament Palace and among the deathening sounds of fireworks, he got down on one knee and he proposed with tears in his eyes.
That was one of the best days in my life...and I am sure his as well.
It took us 24 days to get married and we have been together for almost 8 beautiful years. Life has blessed us with 2 beautiful little girls that we both love and treasure beyond measure.
I couldn't be happier and although July 4th isn't our wedding anniversary, we still "celebrate" it every year.
Happy Birthday, America and Happy "Meeting" Anniversary once again, my love!!
You fill my heart with such love and gratitude and you are forever my hero!


I will never get tired of hearing and remembering your story! Much love to you both and 'Happy Anniversary'! <3
ReplyDeletebeautiful! I kind of knew how you met, but I didnt realize it was like that ;) you two still seem so happy to this day, Happy 8 years of knowing eachother! Many more to come!
ReplyDelete