Maile and Audrey are learning how to swim...and I am soo proud to finally see them become comfortable in the water!! Of course, I still freak out when I see them go underwater for 8 seconds ( mostly Audrey will do that). She has come such a long way from being completely terrified of the water to going behind her instructor's back and jumping in the water just to show mommy that she can do it.
We have been going to swim classes once a week since May now and they have both made such progress. I will never forget the first 3 sessions where they both screamed the whole entire 30 minutes of the class just feeding off of each other...oh what a nightmare. I never thought we'd leave that stage behind and here we are just a few months later and both of the girls are able to float on their backs ( Maile has an easier way to just let herself relax and float) but Audrey is certainly trying her hardest and she is much less fearless than Maile. We almost think that she might outdo her sister soon.
Today was so special because for the first time in months I saw Maile swim almost 3/4 length of the pool. I was soo incredibly proud and was cheering on both of them the whole time. Their instructor does a great job cheering on them while still pushing them to achieve more and more every day.
Oh...the "little" things in life that make you ohh soo happy. I wish I had taken a video of them swimming today...perhaps tomorrow....


No comments:
Post a Comment