Not too long ago I used to hate shopping...now I LOVE it...I especially love bargain shopping...not so much the "Good Will" type of bargains ( although I don't doubt that you could find some cute things every now and then) but just department store type bargains...grocery type bargains...that kinda thing. Actually when it comes to grocery bargains I like to think I've become quite a pro at it thanks to Coupon Sense.
Anyway, I LOVED shopping with Audrey the other day and trying on things and watching Audrey take off her shoes and try on everything mommy was trying on. It was so much fun and she loves shoes anyway...loves shoes probably even more than mommy does. I can't say enough about how much I absolutely love this stage that both the girls are in where you can really carry on a conversation with them and have so much fun. I love this princess stage and watching them dress up and pretend....the girls love that soo much they are becoming quite good at picking things up in the store and saying..."look mommy...cute?? buy it??" Oh boy...I think we are in trouble...hehe...
A few years ago if you'd ask me what my idea of an everyday shoe was I would've said..."Oh, anything that has at least a 3-4" type heel would be a great everyday shoe"....something along these lines..

Now...I couldn't be further from that. I am not sure if it's the mommy in me that is always looking to stay comfortable above all...but I think even before I became a mom ( right after arriving in the States) I started going quite the opposite direction. So needless to say when I saw these 2 pair of shoes yesterday I was thrilled.
I was so thrilled as a matter of fact that I decided to take both girls yesterday after their usual Friday morning swim class ...for a little more shopping?? This time I went for double the fun. Maile and Audrey both had a blast "dressing up" with mommy in the dressing room at Macy's and singing..." I am a princess...I am a princess" ( to which this lady in the next dressing room replies: "Hey, I should know that song")...STINKING ADORABLE!! Oh how I love my little girls. I think they're always going to be my little girls even when they're 30 - 40 years old and beyond that....and perhaps they won't "like" that so much when they're teenagers but they will surely understand when they have their own children...ohh but not so soon...daddy says they won't get married till they're 40 anyway hahaha...good luck with that Dad!!
We ended the evening with a relaxed, delicious dinner at our dear friends, The Clouds. These guys have been our friends for almost 7 years now but sometimes it feels like we've known them forever. They are not only our friends but also God-parents to our girls and what an incredible family they are. Tiffany is an AMAZING woman...so gorgeous inside and out and I have so much respect for her. She is one of the best moms I know and I can only hope to be 1/2 the woman she is....Their children, Aliyah, Jeshua and Emma are extraordinary kids...certainly the type of kids that any parent would be soo proud of.
We are so lucky to know them all as they have made us feel like part of their family again and again and again....and for that we'll always be grateful.


No comments:
Post a Comment