Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our special Valentine

First, let me just say that in the 8 years, Eric and I have been married, Valentine's day has not been a favorite holiday in our household. Perhaps, because like so many other people out there, we think there really shouldn't be a self imposed day to show love and affection towards the people that matter in your life.
This year however was a bit different. Eric and I both agreed to make this a special day for the girls. There was so much focus on V Day at school that they were really looking forward to it....more then us.
With that in mind, Eric decided to take all 3 of his girls to one of our favorite places to eat...Roys. The girls hadn't been there in quite a while, but they absolutely love their FREE quesadilla and yummy ice cream Sunday.
We got there a bit early, and got to walk around the lake, the girls were mesmerized by all the torches surrounding the patio area, the temperature was superb, everything was absolutely perfect.
We ate outside and then ended the evening sipping coffee by the fireplace, while the girls were lounging on the couch next to us watching movies on our phones.
I really didn't think we were gonna do anything for Valentine's day this year, but yet I am so grateful for this beautiful day we got to spend together.
I know it's the little things that count, but in that moment I really just wanted time to stand still. If only..









No comments:

Post a Comment