Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Underwater adventure

This past weekend we had the chance to go swimming 2 days in a row. On Saturday, our friends The Cowdens were able to borrow a water camera and boy did we have fun with that!!!
At first I really wasn't sure if any of the girls were gonna go under but as it turns out, we got some pretty cute pictures and even some videos.
Maile seemed like she enjoyed this experience more so than Audrey, however by Sunday afternoon, when we went swimming at uncle Roger and aunt Lisa's house, she started getting more and more comfortable and really "testing the water".
I, myself was really impressed with Maile this weekend. She hasn't had any swim lessons in over a year and yet she seems like she's really wanting to learn. She did great dunking her head under water, for quite a few seconds at a time and by Sunday she was unstoppable. She really loved swimming back and forth from daddy, to her uncle, aunt, or whoever was around to "catch" her. I really think seeing her friend Carlie swim like a fish has been a good motivation for her to do the same.
Plus, Ariel is always a good example too. She has been in love with Ariel for quite a while now and I am sure she would love to swim just like her.=)

I LOVE this shot of Eric and Maile waving at the camera.

A cool shot of Audrey swimming above Eric in her pink swim ring.

On another note, Eric and I managed to get quite a bit of painting done this weekend. We finished the sitting area of our master bedroom...which we had to repaint for the second time since the first color choice ended up being a little too bright. And, we almost finished our master bathroom. Boy that was a process...with having to tape all the nooks and crannies...
Pictures to follow..

No comments:

Post a Comment