Monday, September 20, 2010

Maile wants to marry daddy


I was in my closet this morning trying to get ready for our day.This whole time Maile is "browsing" through my dress collection, like she does so often when she looks at me and says:

Maile: " Mommy, I really wish I you would share your clothes with me, because when I grow up, my clothes aren't gonna fit me anymore."
Me: " Well, Mai..I'd love to share my clothes with you, but I am not so sure you're gonna want to wear mommy's clothes when you are all grown up. I bet you're gonna have your own style."
Maile: "I know mommy, but I really need a dress to get married in."
Me: "Are you ready to get married? Did you find your prince already? 'Cause you know, when you get married, you won't be living with mommy and daddy anymore."
Maile: "Well, I just want to marry daddy, just like you."

Wow, Mai...you are so precious in so many ways, and I love that you love your daddy as much as I do. Not sure you'll be marrying him, but I am pretty sure you're gonna look for someone who's going to love you at least as much as your daddy does. And I know for a fact, your daddy will be in your wedding, shedding tears of joy...you will forever be his sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment