Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's Party Time.......


With Collective Soul!!!

Many of us parents of young children don't get to go out very often by ourselves and we are certainly one of those couples. I'd have to say we probably don't go out more often than 4-5 times a year by ourselves. We've just never been ones to hire a baby sitter just to go watch a movie...don't get me wrong ...I'd love to but the truth is after you're done paying for the sitter, the movie, maybe throw in a little dinner, we're in for quite an expensive night.

However, just 2 days ago we got to go to a Collective Soul concert at the Bird's nest up in Scottsdale and it was UNBELIEVABLE. We LOVED it. It was certainly one of the best concerts we've been to together.

It ended up bringing tons of memories from our last concert we went to ( a Shakira one) along with my friends Claudia and Tiffany. I was 8 and 1/2 months pregnant with Maile and I rocked it. It was so much fun to be there with my sweet hubby, my friends...all of it.

Collective Soul was right up there, the difference being that this was a general admission concert and we got lucky enough to be just steps from the stage which made the experience that much more fun. I fell in love with CS years ago, after Eric introduced me to them and I still remember vividly listening to one of their songs when we felt Maile's first moves in my womb.


Needless to say I was very excited to see them in concert, and they absolutely did not dissapoint. They are amazing performers and I look forward to hopefully see them again.

A huge THANK YOU to our amazing friends, Brad and Tiffany who took our girls for the night. If it wasn't for you, we probably wouldn't get to go out much at all. You are certainly loved by all of us. The girls had a blast with you that night and still talk about it.


1 comment:

  1. How FUN!! You guys definitely deserve a night out on the town more frequently.. if I can ever watch your princesses and let you and your man escape away for a few hours.. let me know! I can just see you at 8 1/2 months prego rockin' it! haha. I feel like a house over here.. but turn the right jam on and that's all irrelevant! P.S. I love it when you update your blog!

    ReplyDelete