So this morning as part of these projects we each got together with our children in tow and went to Build-A-Bear. I can't think of too many charitable things more enjoyable and more engaging for the kids as this one.
After a good long talk with the girls last night, trying to prep them for the fact that these were going to be bears that we were actually going to give away to other children in need, I was surprised this morning to see how well both Maile and Audrey did. I totally expected them to ask me at least once if they could each have a bear of their own, but NOPE...to my surprise they did so well and they were so excited to participate. It was the first time we had taken the girls there and I am sure we'll have to take them back at some point and let them make something that they can take home.
The kids all did really well and they danced and sang and waited patiently for their turn. Here are just some of the pictures I managed to snag:
Maile and her BFF Addison are hugging during "Ring around the Rosie".
Maile's so excited about picking a heart for her little bear...
So excited to be a part of such an amazing group of women. Their support has meant a lot to me during the past couple of years. Great job this morning,ladies. Looking forward to brunch with them tomorrow morning to celebrate an early Mother's day. Should be a great weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment